Compliance & Legal Officer
Start date: April 2019
GoBeyond is currently looking for a Compliance & Legal Officer who will work closely with the CEO and the Management team to oversee and develop all strategic and operational legal & compliance activities across the Company. The job requires someone who is able to take ownership of the full spectrum of legal and compliance functions within GoBeyond and is comfortable in the environment of a fast-paced, growth stage company. The right candidate should be a highly passionate and resourceful individual capable of implementing the changes necessary to help GoBeyond achieve its goals. Proficiency in written and spoken English is a key requirement for this role.
Your key responsibilities will Include:
- Work closely with GoBeyond’s CEO and management team to oversee and develop operational legal and compliance activities across the Company
- Overseeing all financial and other regulatory compliance and work to ensure compliance throughout the group with KYC and AML laws and regulations
- Own and meet all FATCA, CRS and other compliance-related reporting obligations held by GoBeyond
- Oversee compliance with GDPR regulations
- Lead the research and application for licensing in terms of MiFID and AIFM regulations and ensure ongoing compliance with investment services regulations
- Oversee that all intellectual property is appropriately registered and protected
- Work with the management team to draft and manage commercial and other contracts
- Dealing with service providers based in Switzerland, Luxembourg and other countries to ensure compliance at all stages
What we’re looking for:
- A minimum of 1 year working in a senior compliance position preceded by an additional minimum of 2 years working in a legal and compliance capacity
- Prior experience working in the financial services industry and ideally experience working for an investment service provider
- Experience working in a multi-jurisdiction environment
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills (fluency in other languages considered a plus)
- Highly proficient in identifying gaps and/or risk exposure as well as developing and implementing policies and procedures to meet organizational and regulatory compliance standard
- Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to build relationships with other departments and create joint relevant policies, procedures, instructions
- Experience working at a growth stage company is desirable
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Here’s where we share insights and keep you posted about upcoming events.